Saturday, April 14, 2012

The End!

On the top deck of the boat at our end-of-term river cruise
      Classes are done. End-of-term parties are done. Seemingly-endless evaluation forms are done. The first goodbyes have been said! I leave London on Monday morning and am quite literally counting down the hours (33, fyi). And as of this afternoon, all of the necessary arrangements for my trip have been checked off the list.
      I just spent 14 weeks in London, studying Monet and Turner by standing in front of original Monets and Turners, seeing more than 30 theatre and music shows, exploring an enormous city full of everything you can imagine, and living independently in a beautifully awkward flat with an amazing group of people. (And, and, and.) And now I'm going to spend three weeks traveling in Hungary, Croatia, and Italy with my boyfriend, before I go back home and have summer in Portland working a sweet part-time internship for the symphony.
      The only two coherent thoughts in my brain:
       1. How did I get this lucky??
       2. Helllllllllllll yes. :)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the three weeks traveling Europe with Nik..... You earned it! (probably figuratively and literally....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's because you are wonderful and amazing? What a ride!

    ReplyDelete