Saturday, April 7, 2012

Travel Plans

I just confirmed my travel plans for when classes end! I have 18 days between when I have to move out of my flat and when I fly home on May 3rd. I'll be flying from London to meet up with Nik (who is currently in Germany and heading towards the Czech Republic and Poland) in Budapest on April 16th. We'll be spending a week (give or take) in eastern europe, ending up in Dubrovnik, Croatia, and then going to Italy for a little more than a week. I have about a million things I want to see in Italy, starting in northern Italy (Verona, Milan, the Lakes District, etc) and working my way down through Tuscany and ending in Rome. Now that I finally have a framework plan figured out, I'm so excited! I've got a rail pass that lets me go anywhere in 23 European countries and not nearly enough time (or money) to see them all, but it's going to be an amazing trip.
Dubrovnik, Croatia

Lake Como, Italy
Anyone who has traveled in Southeastern Europe or Italy! Where should I go and what should I see (on a very limited student budget)? Especially helpful would be specific suggestions, i.e. restaurants, attractions, museums, hiking trails, etc. Thank you!

And also starting a countdown to arrival in my beloved Portland: 27 days!

2 comments:

  1. That photo of Lake Como is enchanting! I want to be a little closer to the mountains though. Take the gondola up to the snowline, perhaps. I'm going to have to go study up on my Eastern Europe geography so I can follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just look at those two photos. Two very diverse-looking places, and very different cultures, too, I'm sure. What a great adventure it will be.

    ReplyDelete