Thursday, February 16, 2012

Scotland Plans

      I'm going to Scotland tonight! I'm really looking forward to getting out of the city and seeing some other places. The whole group is spending Saturday and Sunday in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and two of my friends (Irene and Drew) and I decided to take a late train up after class tonight and have an extra day to explore. Our plan is to skip out immediately after art history (we're at the National Gallery today) and take a 4.5 hour train ride up to Glasgow. We get in around 11:00pm, stay in a hostel, and - weather permitting - we'll spend Friday hiking around Loch Lomond. We'll come back to Glasgow when it gets too cold to move anymore, and then meet up with the rest of the group on Saturday. Can't wait to see trees that haven't been manicured to the Queen's perfection. And birds that aren't pigeons. My high school friend Kirsten, who studied in Glasgow for a semester, gave me lots of tips on where to go, what to do, etc. She said I have to try the deep-fried Mars bar for the cultural experience.... but I'm not sure if I can handle that.

1 comment: